Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Take a Bit outta Me.

Its not secret that this girl loves being in the kitchen, its one of my happy places. I would cook and bake all day long if I could. Sadly I can't though, there's this things called life, work, school and a house to keep up with. But here's a little peak at some of the tasty goodness we had here lately.

*Loaded Veggie BBQ Chili with homemade Cheddar Biscuits on top. It was pretty tasty. Not one of those I'd be jumping up and down to make again but we enjoyed it.
*Pecan, Coconut, Banana Nut Bread. Now this was marvelous and I'll jump at the chance to make this again. I pretty much love any kinda of banana bread, well without the chocolate chips. So this was def. a keeper in my book.
*Homemade Biscuits, Homemade Sausage Gravy with Crispy Bacon and Scrambled Eggs for our Sunday morning breakfast. Don't mind if I do. I recently figured out that making biscuits really isn't that hard and I'm loving it. I'll never buys pre-made again.
*Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kabob's. Actually the night before we had these I had grilled Turkey Sausage and Veggie Kabobs served over Whole Wheat Pasta. Those were mouth watering, let me just tell you. It was the first time I'd ever grilled Sausage. Where has this been all my life. Well we had plenty of Veggie Kabobs left over so we decided to grill up some chicken the next night.
*Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan served over Whole Wheat Pasta with a side of Squash and Zucchini.We haven't had Chicken Parm. in a while and when I suggested it to the hubbs he was all over it. The breading mixture was a new one and I was hoping it turned out as good as it smelled when I was mixing it together. And of course it most certainly did. I'm sure the homemade pasta sauce help tip it over the edge just a little as well.
There's been so many other meals we've cooked up over the last few weeks these where the only ones I happen to snap pictures of before we sat down and dug in. You can bet there will be plenty more to come in the near future. :) 

No comments: