Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The First 3 Months / The First Trimester.

Well the first month was a breeze seeings as I had no clue I was even pregnant. I thankful didn't have any symptoms of pregnancy. In fact nothing at all seemed different or out of the norm for me.  My appetite was the same. My work outs where the same. I didn't seem anymore or less tired that I normally did. I still was eating the same foods. In fact I lost 2.2lbs. in the first week of the new year. 
The only thing that did change was my worry. Not being able to be seen by a doctor until almost a month after I found out drove me absolutely crazy. I was so worried, I just wanted to know that baby was ok and that I was doing everything I could to have a safe and healthy pregnancy. Our first appt. rolled around and I almost felt like it was a waste of time. It was a orientation appt. that took maybe  30 minutes. Answered some questions, had some blood work done and we where on our way. I was a bit disappointed. Still no morning sickness but the headaches have been something awful. I got the ok from the nurse to take tylenol which I've tried really hard not to have to do. But I have had to break down and take it 3 times now because my headaches were so bad. I'm not one to take meds just because, its gotta be really bad for me to take something. So when my headaches were so bad it had me sitting at the kitchen table in tears I had to given in and take something. 
The following month seemed to go by pretty quickly which was nice. The nausea that I did have has slowly gone away. Still haven't had any sickness thank goodness. I'm such a baby when I'm sick so I could only imagine how this would have turned out. March 1st, at 13 weeks we finally had our first real appt. Were we where able to see our growing baby. The hubbs I guess didn't realize we would get to see the baby on the ultrasound, he though we where just going to hear the heart beat. Which we did as well. I wasn't excepting to see a fully formed baby. I was expecting the baby to still look like a blob or a little gummy bear of sorts as people call it. But no you could clearly see the little legs, arms, head. It was so surreal. I knew at this appt. it would really hit me that we were having a baby. Not that it hadn't before but seeing our baby made it that much more real. We both quickly confirmed that there in fact was only one. I'm thrilled to report that there is in fact only one baby. With a strong heart beat of 176. Our midwife said everything looked great and seemed very happy with how things were progressing and going, which was a sign of relief. We are still tracking September 15th due date. Which seems so far away. Yet I know it will be here before we know it. 
I don't wanna say the first trimester was a breeze because it definitely came with its fair share of struggles and hard times. However I know compared to many others I've had it pretty easy. Here's to hoping the next 6 months go by with little to no problems or sickness. 
Not the greatest of pictures (on the ultrasound it's self it looked much better) but we officially have our first picture of our baby. 



No comments: